Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Beautiful Afternoon Sunset



I'm deep in the middle of the first week of UAF classes, so I don't have a lot of outside time to write. I am hoping that I will hit my stride soon, but until then, don't look for particularly long posts. This morning, when I was waiting for a delivery, I looked up from my Inside Reporting textbook, and saw these beautiful colors out the window.



I thought about going upstairs for socks, shoes and a sweater, but decided to brave the cold to get some shots right then. It was a good choice, since 5 minutes after I took these, the colors were gone. So, enjoy the pictures, and maybe this will inspire you to look up from your book or work, and take a peek out the window every once in awhile!






2 comments:

  1. Lovely! What time of day? Was that sunset? I'm still curious about the hours of light in Fairbanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a little after 4:15 pm, and is the end of sunset. 5 minutes later all the color was gone, and 15 minutes later, it was about halfway to dark.

    ReplyDelete