Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Learning to Live, and Walk, in -10 F to -40 F, with My New Walker






Not the best picture of me ever, but it is the start of a journey, and worth documenting because of that. My new walker arrived New Years Eve, and today we took it out for a real spin. We went on a 20 minute walk around noon, and a 45 minute night time walk. It is certainly a workout, and will be more of one when there is more snow, and when it gets colder. Still, a 45 minute walk, at -10 F, is a step up in our attic adventure!

Since the picture I took with my walker tonight, was a total blur, you will have to wait until our daytime walk tomorrow, to see me in action. :-)

I am way behind where I thought I would be, but that has been part of the learning process, as an Alaskan Dummy. We have our laptops, but our desktops and printers didn't come with us on the plane, which means I also don't have a scanner, and a lot of things I thought I had, (in digital files and physical stuff that is still in the process of being shipped) has pushed me to prioritize. When it comes to choosing between writing a blog post, and planning out how to deal with -42 degree weather, writing just doesn't come first. 

So, look for more to come. I have taken a lot if pictures, (although I haven't figured out how to use my nifty new camera yet) so I will try to post as often as possible over the next few weeks, and more consistently, after school starts on January 16, 2014. Hard to believe that is only two weeks away!





No comments:

Post a Comment