Friday, January 3, 2014

Name Contest: Voting starts January 10th

Now that I have my new walker, it really does need a name. So, I'm asking for your help! I would prefer that it not have more than two (2) words in its name, and hopefully it will have some connection to Alaska, the Arctic, (I'm open to references of Arctic weather, history, mythology or lore) safe travels, learning and/or growth. Bonus if it hits several categories!


To help inspire you, here are some pictures from our walk last night. It was around 5:00 pm, 10 F when we left, and 4 F when we got home. The walker was a champ, even going through 6-8 inches of powder, once it had its second front wheel put down, for stability. I'm getting more confident in knowing where the wheels are, so I don't bump things as often, and while I still slide, I haven't slipped so much that I couldn't catch myself, with the walkers help! 


 Submit your entry as a comment on this blog post, please. I will try to transfer over comments from GooglePlus and FaceBook, but I will not take responsibility for any entries not left in a comment on the blog. 

I will choose my top picks, and voting on the name will start on the 10th of January, 2014. The winning entry will not only have the satisfaction of being She/He Who Names, but will also receive a genuine Alaska Railroad pen!

Enter as often as you would like. Suggest a few names now, and come back as often as you have a new idea! This baby needs a name before school starts on the 15th!



7 comments:

  1. "Porcupine," the helper.

    http://www.sacred-texts.com/nam/nw/tmt/tmt019.htm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After reading the link, I'm not sure if I want a porcupine. ;-) It may have to climb trees though, since I keep finding more places that don't have ramp access around campus. :-)

      Delete
  2. Suggestions from friends on FaceBook:

    Eva: Speedy and Arctic Speeder

    Stephen: Wind

    Katherine: Big Blue and Arctic Rider

    Michelle: "Just DON'T call it Sarah Palin. haha! How about the Mighty Quinn? (from a song)"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suggestion submitted by email:

    Aaron: Polar Prophetess
    (I will admit it seems a little strange for an inanimate object, but I will include all entries.)

    DarkLord97: Snow Leviathan

    Marta: Pegasus

    Dave: Girl Friday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah's suggestion is: Go-Go Girl

    Kat's suggestion is: The Momma Train

    ReplyDelete